01 January 2021

Looking at the year ahead.

 "Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." 

 ~ Lou Holtz

That seems an excellent motto with which to start a new year.  Also, this contemplation:



So many people make resolutions, or set intentions, this time of year.  I've found it much easier to do a month at a time, but here are some goals for me this year:

  • Read (or finish) six (or more) books. 
  • Complete three specific UFOs:

        
  • Make a cardigan I've been thinking about for some time.
  • Make another cheese soufflé.
Given how this past year went, I think any more definite or additional plans are frivolous. 

 

While I don't generally wear my religion on my sleeve, this resonates with me:

A New Year's Prayer by Rabbi Naomi Levy

I'm good at making resolutions, God.
But I'm not very good at keeping them.
There are so many goals I'd like to achieve, so many changes I'd like to make.

I pray to You, God, for strength. I want to live a meaningful life, God.
I want to comprehend my true promise.
I want to understand why You have put me here.

Help me to see, God. Show me the person I have the potential to become.
Let me find my passion, God.
Teach me to resist temptation, to conquer self-destructive habits, to overcome selfishness and pettiness.
Give me the humility and the courage to repair relationships that pride has destroyed. Show me how I can bring hope and healing in this world.

Let this be a good year, God.
A year of health, a year of blessing, a year of love, a year of peace.
Amen.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Amen.

May you get to enjoy all the processes involved in your projects, as much as the results.

Post a Comment