18 June 2022

Mountain Laurel

There is one outside my front door, and while it's not lilacs, I love how the flowers look:




Knitting progress:  The current mindless (which I needed this weekend) scarf was coming out veeeeery long and skinny: 6" wide and about 40" long at roughly the halfway point.  So I frogged it (just a day's work, in the classes and lectures and such, since it's so chunky) and restarted with just four stitches more, and it's now about 8" wide and by my maths should end up about five feet long, which is respectable.  I am past the frogging point and it should be finished in another day or so of knitting.

Because I am visiting family this weekend (for Father's Day), I didn't bring it, but have three (!!!) other charity scarves in progress.

Almost finished is a multidirectional scarf in Deborah Norville Saturate on US#10.5 needle.  I restarted the multicoloured scarf in Sensations Tropics Multi, because using the recommended US#11 needle gave a looser fabric than I like for a scarf.  Shown it is on a US#10.  The ball of Woolspun will be the next scarf, on the US#11 needle that didn't work for the Tropics yarn.  All three yarns are discontinued.

The Tropics scarf will go to a shelter; the other two are destined for Knit Your Bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment