20 April 2023

Finished two things.

I finished the anthology I was reading, begun around March 1st.  I was interested not just because I enjoy Agatha Christie books, but because I was familiar with derivative works - movies and plays - of two of the titles.  In the anthology, Five Complete Hercule Poirot Novels, there are these five novels:

  • Thirteen at Dinner
  • ABC Murders
  • Murder on the Orient Express
  • Cards on the Table
  • Death on the Nile
Of course there have been numerous films made of Murder on the Orient Express, and I have seen a couple.  Death on the Nile was the first play in which I was involved after moving to Texas, and as I read the novel I kept working out which characters were combined to streamline a cast.
Cast photo - I was Stage Manager.  "15" is not the year, it's the 15th photo in the set of the
production photos.  Yes, the title of the play is different from that of the novel.


I also finished the blanket I was making for my grandmother.

It is based upon the pattern for the Roundabout Mandala Afghan, but I only had four cakes of Lion Brand Mandala Sparkle (colourway: 'Hercules') and also wanted to make something smaller since my grandmother is tiny and she will use this mostly when sitting in her chair.  So instead of the second set of corners and the outer border, I repeated the inner border two more times, then added a round of scallops on the outside to make it look more finished.

My grandmother has pneumonia, so instead of waiting to take it to her on a surprise birthday visit (Shhhhh!) I may send it now, as a Get Well gift.  And I hope that she does get well.

No comments:

Post a Comment