10 June 2023

Doing it in Public

Today is World Wide Knit (and Crochet) in Public Day.

I didn't look into any official events, because it's also the ISBA Annual Meeting and I decided to attend in person.  I did, of course, have knitting and did it in public, because it is What I Do.

I got in late at night and was told my room had a city view.  Well, yes and no.  I think they meant it was not overlooking the river, although I certainly could see it.


The last two are roughly the same view, night and morning.


The meetings went well and instead of being just a regular member of the councils to which I was appointed, I am Secretary and Continuing Education Coordinator for one, and Continuing Education Coordinator plus co-chair of a subcommittee for another.  I have to justify the expense to be there!

Since it is WWKIP Day, a report on the three projects mostly in my queue:
This is the Simple Crescent Shawl out of Berroco Topaz
at the one-ball-finished point, about 34 of 45 repeats.
I pulled out a bit of ball #2 to start it at the same colour, and
not have an abrupt change; I'll work the pulled yarn in later.


A scarf with cabled edges, based upon a cowl pattern, in
a discontinued yarn that is working up nicely on US#10.5
needle.  I didn't like it on US#11.  This came to Chicago with me.

The Cabled Edges Scarf was out of reach when I 
needed class knitting this morning, so I decided to
start something new.  I am making up a pattern and
working longways here, and wanted the long edges
to match more closely, so decided to try a crocheted
cast-on - my first attempt that I can remember.

The scarf progresses in seed stitch.  I am
working on US#10 needle and it feels a bit
tight but not stiff, so I am staying on this one.

I still have the mitered squares scarf to work on and finish, and the matching hat, and the two bears I am test-knitting and -crocheting for the Center for Knit and Crochet.  These are based upon an artifact in their collection, and I already found and reported a major omission in both patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment