21 February 2024

The true harbinger of spring.

As many of us say, it's not what some silly rodent decides, spring really starts with the call of "Pitchers and catchers report!"  That was last week and this weekend I'll be enjoying three games of the Cactus League, via a professional group's trip:

It is a tradition for the President of the Illinois State Bar Association to select a trip.  In the past they have been cruises and such, often to the person's family's origin country or area.  I haven't gone because they were not interesting to me.

Naturally, this one is.

I borrowed my mother's White Sox gear, and have my own for the Cubs.  I'll get a new T-shirt there, of course.  We see the above game on Friday, a White Sox game on Saturday, and a Cubs game on Sunday.  A perfect weekend!

I hope to get to the Phoenix Art Museum to see two exhibits.  Since all our games are at 1:05pm (according to the posted schedule) that doesn't give much time, but both are small:  Guarding the Art and the Fireflies Infinity Mirrors Room.  If one of the games is later, I may try to get to Taliesin West, which I toured many years ago and would like to see again.

Maybe I'll switch to a later plane home.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment