First, I had to un-do a lot of progress. I took the shawl on a retreat last weekend. And I realized I wasn't terribly happy with the result:
Oh, it was growing nicely and I liked the feel of the fabric, but I didn't like the contrast between the stockinette and garter spaces. I thought it would look better with bigger stockinette. So I ripped it back, to the shock of people around me, and started not quite over, but from the end of the first stockinette panel. This is how it looks today:
It has about the same number of panels but is much bigger. I do have some more yarn, that I will use for the applied I-cord border. You can see the difference in these close-ups, before and after:
PatPat's Hats while I went to a movie and post-film discussion at the Wadsworth Atheneum on Thursday night. A bit of a treat for me (almost-)after a LONG week of work.
In the evenings, I had time to make progress on the tunic, which required more focus than I could manage in the meetings, at least until I was well into the body:
Next stage will be the border, again requiring much focus, so I will work on it this afternoon. I'm almost glad the rainy weather will keep me inside! But I have to come up with something portable and simple to take with me to Manhattan tomorrow, where I will roam one or two museums and dine on Peking Duck with friends. Maybe it will be a scarf for a veteran, I have some yarn in stash just for such purpose. And I even know where it is!