- What is your favorite word? Serendipity
- What is your least favorite word? Can't - whether used as an order, instruction, or defeatist statement. It's a challenge, either for the person who says they can't do something (especially if they do not try), or the person who says that I (or someone else) can't.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Sunshine, sunlight. And really clear, crisp night skies when it is so dark all you see are the stars.
- What turns you off? Closed-mindedness and small-mindedness.
- What is your favorite curse word? Oh! I don't really curse. I tend to use made-up things like "Jiminy Christmas!" and "Holy Moses" and "Poot" and stuff like that. Or I do the Shakespearean Insult sort of thing, sometimes in non-English langauges.
- What sound or noise do you love? Laughter, especially of children.
- What sound or noise do you hate? The screech-BANG! of a car accident.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Astronaut.
- What profession would you not like to do? Oh, lots. Pediatric oncology would be a really, really tough one.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Heaven is not a concept my religion has. But I think I would like to hear "sorry, we made a mistake and are sending you back - you have more things to do."
How would you answer these questions?
* Created by Bernard Pivot, based upon the Proust Questionnaire.
PS: Today is the 60th Anniversary of the date on which Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay climbed to the top of the world and touched the sky.