28 March 2022

Unprogressing.

The test sweater is going slowly - following instructions, the sweater is unpleasantly (to me) big around the arm, so I frogged and added a LOT more decreases.  The underarm is too bulky but I would have to frog the whole sweater to fix that, and I don't want to keep the sweater, so I decided that I don't care.  Although since the deadline to finish was yesterday, and I didn't, maybe I do?  The problem is that if I get the underarm tighter, it will also make the chest tighter, and on me that won't work.

Not a concern if I donate this, of course.  It has to do with how the body and sleeves are added, as it's not at the points of the corners, but slightly below on the body side, which gives a bigger arm and smaller chest.  Great if you are making this for a skinny guy with muscular biceps and triceps - not so great if you are a curvy female.

The sleeves are not finished.  There is a cuff to be added which I will do in the accent colours.

Also, despite the fact that the purple tweed should have been enough additional yardage based upon the pattern, it's not.  So I'm back to adding the black Lett Lopi, yes, in addition to the purple tweed.  If there is anything left I will make a matching hat, although the way things are going I doubt it.  My current plan is to make the sleeve cuffs striped in black and purple, and finish the body in black.  Hopefully there will be enough black for the placket - and I'm back to the triangular buttons!


No comments:

Post a Comment