28 September 2022

Of course, I shopped.

I went to DFW Fiber Fest last weekend, the first since 2019 as the 2020 edition was scheduled for early April, and was one of the first events to fall victim to the pandemic.

I did try - and learned! - LOTS of different things.

It was good to see people in person (even behind masks), good to learn things in classes, and good to do SHOPPING in person.  I've been saving up, and while I didn't get to every vendor, I did collect quite a pile of acquisitions:

Day 1 - I won a class door prize, which was a coupon for a skein of
yarn of my choice, and I liked one colourway so much I bought four
more so that I can make a sweater for myself.

Day 2 - The pouches have handwoven fabric as part; the op-art
weave on the lower one is really cool.  I learned how to use the
loom as well as several other shapes with a continuous strand.

Day 3 - The top row is all handspun.  I hit a couple of my
favourite handspinners and found a couple others this show.

A few of the smaller items, such as stitch markers and tea, are not in the photos.

When I went to The 100th Sheep's booth I was wearing the vest I'd knit from their kit, which they recognized and were very pleased to see.  Every day I wore a shawl (the classrooms get cold! and inevitably I saw where something blew on my neck) made from yarn I'd gotten at a previous DFW Fiber Fest, except that one day I wore one made from yarn picked up on a Craft Cruise.  They had a booth, and I am looking forward to going on another one in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment