17 September 2022

Knitting in the Field with Sheep

Tomorrow is the fourth annual event.  The first one happened as part of the Hill-Stead Museum's fall festival; the second one happened as a way to help people during the first year of the pandemic; the third happened last year because it was good to be outside with people - and sheep!  Although given how many people participated last year, the sheep were a bit freaked out and stayed mostly in corners of the field.

This is last year's official photo - I am on the left in the front in my sheep shirt:

In addition to preparing for this - I've made sheep-shaped soaps to hand out, which were very much appreciated the first year (when soap was difficult to obtain) and also last year - I have been packing for DFW Fiber Fest.  It's happening again!  Slightly modified, but in-person, and while I am nervous I am also excited to be there.  I have registered for classes, most of which do not require prework and for which teachers are providing supplies, so I have to take items for just two classes.  Plus the usual supplies pouch (measuring tape, snips, stitch markers, stitch holders, spare yarn, needles, etc.) and notetaking materials.

I wanted to make some additional blocks for the Warm Up! America collection, so did a bit of a stash-dive for appropriate yarn.  I found a small bin containing partly-finished baby blankets, and decided I would finish one and use the remainder of the yarn.  Here it is:


The yarn is Berella "4" in colourway "Rosebud" and I have no idea of the pattern.  I ended up with a ball and about a third left, so I am keeping it to make a sweater to match.  I found a few balls of Lion Brand Jamie yarn, discontinued, and differing dyelots, so I am using that to make blocks.

I also finished one of my resolution UFOs:

 

Originally I thought of wearing it (over a t-shirt), but the temperatures are supposed to be in the90's(F) with lows in the 70's(F) and even in a conference center I think I will be too warm.  I might change my mind before I depart.  😏

That means I have finished all but one of the UFOs I identified in January, plus at least one other.  I am going to try to focus on the final UFO next month, after I return.

I also finished, by running in ends, and tagging these, which I am going to mail to the Knit Your Bit campaign later today:

I have one more that didn't fit in the box, and since I am making a second of the same yarn I kept it back for the next box.  I have another of the "Americana" scarves (top left) OTN which I will be working on tomorrow while Knitting In The Field With Sheep.  Washable and fairly mindless.

No comments:

Post a Comment