06 August 2023

A pizza for my parents.

After seeing the pizza I made for myself, my parents strongly hinted that they wanted to try one.  My mother had some pizza dough from the local CSA languishing in her freezer, and a bountiful basil plant.  I still had half a log or so of fresh mozzarella.  So:
My brother gave us a lot of tomatoes.


Work has been busy, and on the side I did a presentation for one of my professional organizations, as well as preparing several resource documents for them, and drafting most of an article on the presentation topic.  I expect to finish that this week.

I finished the commissioned blanket and have started fingerless mitts out of the leftover yarn; I'll also make a hat.  Since the recipient is a runner, probably not a scarf, but maybe a cowl.  I have a whole skein of the green left, and one of cream, although the latter is one of the extras I bought as insurance.  The blanket took most of four skeins of cream and one of green.  A full post about it will happen someday.

I need to finish the test-knit mitt that goes with the sock.  I decided to use a different yarn in case I don't have enough of the cake I was given to make both socks and a pair of mitts.

I've been involved in an exam-question-writing project for another professional organization, which is fun but I apparently completely forgot how to format new references.  However, I think I am back in my stride and hopefully out of the red zone this week.

My crepe myrtle suddenly bloomed like crazy earlier this week, and I thought I got a good photo of it, but couldn't find it when I went to upload.  So I took a replacement but this is after a storm so it's not quite as bouffant as it was:
The branches are so heavy with flowers over the walkway
that I have to duck, which is very unusual.

I've been able to get out most mornings for walks, except one day when it started raining before I got too far, so I turned back to home.  Today I walked over 20,000 steps, which is not a record but very unusual unless I am on vacation someplace and doing lots of exploring.  That was due to a combination of lots of morning walking (two, if you want to be particular, because I had to go out a second time) and doing things to pull out items for the upcoming community tag sale and organize other things and so on around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment