27 August 2023

Two hours, approximately.

A few weeks ago I attended a firsthand report about the H+H trade show, and one item reported about is yarn made of loops that creates graphical designs when the instructions are followed.  While at a Joann's to pick up some other things I found a couple balls of Bernat Blanket-EZ in the clearance bin, and since clearance items were an additional amount off that week, I bought a couple so I could try the yarn.
Scarf in progress - 10 loops wide.
Finished scarf - I could have left
two loops at the start.
 
It's fairly easy to do, once you get the first three or so rows done, and a rhythm.  The scarf took me about two hours, because I was attending one of my Sunday get-togethers, so got distracted, then had to pull out rows a couple times when I figured out I'd dropped the edge stitch.  So I started to count the stitches every few rows to be sure I had enough.  The finished scarf came out about 8" wide by 61" long, and is very thick and soft.  Not something I will use for anything else, but an interesting experiment.  The scarf is, like so many, going to Warm Up, America!

I also made a half-dozen blanket pieces from the leftover green and cream yarn, with a touch of leftover gold from my grandmother's birthday blanket:
Yes, the ones with flowers are slightly smaller - I added to them after photographing.

Otherwise, as far as yarn projects so, I am back to some of the UFOs to complete while I wait for the new skeins of Bernat Super Value Stripes to arrive.  Then it's back to the border on the purples-and-pinks blanket.

Wednesday was my father's birthday so I went over early to leave decorations and banana muffins and a card.  Thursday I made a pizza for him for dinner, because Mom made one of his favourite meals on Wednesday.  Saturday we had a family lunch.  Otherwise it's been a fairly normal week.

No comments:

Post a Comment