16 September 2023

A Flock of Sheep.

The Board of DFW Fiber Fest do so much to create an event every year, a place for fiber people of all kinds to come together every year to revel in what we love.  I decided to make something to thank them, and created some sheep soaps with a relaxing green tea and cucumber fragrance.  I tried to do a decorative colouring but it looked accidental, and not in a good way, so I rebatched the soap (it's melt-and-pour, so that's easy) and ended up with a flock of green sheep with faint gold sparkle:

In case somebody has concerns about scent or other sensitivities, I included two goat-patterned soaps made with a goats-milk base and no added colour or scent.

Just in time, I finished the blanket:

It is 50"x63" - just enough!

Also, this morning, with a bit of yarn chicken, I finished another scarf:

The one on the left finished this morning; the other a few days ago.

Sorry it's so blurry - literally inches!

I have a few more things to report, but I am running short of time before services and departing.  L'Shana Tovah to all who celebrate the new year 5784 - may you be written for a sweet and happy year.



No comments:

Post a Comment