04 September 2023

Yarn Chicken - Won!

In knitting or crocheting, when we're nearing the end of our yarn and have to finish something, and we're not sure we'll make it before the yarn runs out, we call it "yarn chicken".  I made it with the Simple Crescent Shawl:
Yarn is some ancient Berroco Topaz, about two balls.

Yes, ends need to be woven in.  I plan to do that, and the ends from last week, later, once the purples-and-pinks blanket is finished.  The additional yarn for it arrived, and I made sure to finish the shawl before I got back to it, but I've just finished the second colour repeat from the new skein.

Not too much else to report this week.  I have been gathering and organizing things for a community tag sale next Saturday morning.  Yes, there will be yarn included.  Also some pattern books.  Plus just about every window covering left by the previous owner, none of which are to my taste.  I'm keeping the livingroom rods as those are undistinguished but replaced the curtains and sheers.  I took down another set of rods and the finials are too big for the space and they scraped the walls.  That room is getting painted anyway, so the painter can repair things and I am getting rods that will fit.

I found out that the article I wrote in July was accepted for publication, and one of my weekend tasks is to make some small revisions to it.  I was also granted a co-byline for an article that I proofread and for which I provided a few suggestions, which was very kind of the original co-authors.

In the next two weeks I want to finish this blanket, and then the crochet do-along for DFW Fiber Fest.  I won't be there for the meet-up, but it will be fun to try to finish since I am starting so late.  I plan to use some yarn I purchased last year.  I crochet fast, shall report if I accomplish this goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment