20 October 2023

A constellation of gifts

It was a hectic week, and next week will be also.  I am going to San Antonio for the Association of Corporate Counsel's Annual Meeting.  It's been a long time since I visited the city - I think my Cousin Amy was still alive, or maybe I've been there once since her death.  Strange since I lived comparatively close when I was in North Texas.  My other has other cousins there also, and my parents planned to come with me to visit them, but things came up and they cannot.

One thing planned for the social part of the meetings is walking around and taking a tour of Missions National Park.  It wasn't formally planned, but I mentioned it as a possibility, and the next thing I knew, about twenty people from all over the world said they want to join.  I called the park to be sure this wouldn't be an issue, and the ranger confirmed they can handle any crowd that comes.  So we go!

I am trying to figure out what projects to take - a cowl that I struggled over starting finally is on track, and I think I need at least one other item.  Knowing the way I pack, more like two.😁  I thought I had ones ready, but keep changing my mind.  It's probably why I have things started and not getting finished.

Except that I made, and am wrapping and labeling, a flight of snowflake-shaped soaps (which look a bit like stars in the photo) to take as gifts to friends in the Dallas area:

Two different scents: Peppermint (blue/white) and Cannabis Cashmere

I also finished the crocheting of the little pink jacket, so it just needs final finishing and buttons:

Buttonholes are big enough for these - hurrah!

Otherwise, the week has been busy with work and scattered with packing and planning what to take, and organizing walks, and answering emails from people who want to meet - tonight I have to finish either eating the fresh foods, or figuring out how to store them until I return.  Luckily the event on Tuesday happened as scheduled, so the blueberry bars I'd made (subbing in gluten-free flour, which was very much appreciated) for the originally-scheduled date (postponed due to storms and damage) are now out of the freezer.  They were very well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment