05 March 2024

Another year of music.

Yes, I went to help at the North Texas Irish Festival this past weekend.  When I arrived Tuesday night it was cold and rainy, but quickly warmed up on Friday and was sunny all weekend - perfect festival weather.  I did my usual working and running errands and repeat all weekend, with a little bit of shopping at a local soap supplier:

Bath bombs (they also had some with gnomes
or shamrocks or hats), lip balms, and soaps.

I also helped with check-in at the annual 5K Fun Run, and while they ran out of the medal-cum-bottleopener (in addition to runners/walkers they had a "0K" version where you could just sign up to get the T-shirt and goody bag) I was given a T-shirt:

There is a cidery in Deep Ellum that provided this year's beverage (in addition to breweries and the inevitable Guinness) and it is very tasty.  I would be drinking it regularly if I lived there.

Once again I stayed at the main hotel and it was crazier than usual because the National Cheerleader Championships were in town and they shared the hotel.  Quite a mixture of high-energy people!  This also meant that both of my flights were about 2/3 full of cheerleaders and their parents and coaches.

Hurrah for earplugs.

Of course I wore masks all weekend, with Saturday's noting the March 2, 1836 founding of the Republic of Texas.


#OnThisDay in 1562 was chartered the entity
that would become Trinity College, Dublin.

I worked a bit for my real job on Friday, and then Saturday morning before going to help at the Fun Run, and Sunday evening.  Then I took off Monday morning to help set-build for the Plague Mask Players' show, "Taming of the Shrew".

As we were loading in the set pieces and getting organized.

I didn't do a lot, especially as I had to leave noonish for my return flight (I could have taken a later connection, but direct flights are preferable especially during work hours), but it was good to be back doing the kind of stage stuff I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment