01 October 2020

Harvest Moon Night

 It feels just fall, a bit cool, but perfect for a movie outside:

Real Art Ways has been holding movie events and concerts in its parking lot, with bubbles painted on the pavement.  Tonight was a special event, a showing of "RBG" in memoriam, and for only women members.  Plus a couple toddlers and at least one small dog.

We sheered, we applauded, we cried.  Even those of us who have seen the film before.  And parts were made so much more poignant by her death the Friday before last, especially her reaction to the 2016 election.

It was my first big event since March.  I went to tashlich but it was small.  I knew that I could leave if I needed to, but I felt safe in my bubble, and people were respectful of others.


Mini-Resolution Update

I did not finish the Boneyard Shawl, but I did finish one of my UFOs.  And quite a few hats, mittens, and at least one other scarf.


October Mini-Resolutions

On the KnitTalk list we call this "Aftober" because a woman started encouraging people to finish things in October.  Anything.  Something old, something new, any color, red or blue.....  You get the point.  Since some of the others on the list made Boneyard Shawls I should finish mine.  They've been encouraging it.  But first, the third hat I started on Yom Kippur; part of my way of distracting myself during all the discussions and services and other services and ......  I finished two crocheted ones on Monday, having started the first on Sunday evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment