19 September 2021

Third year, exponentially

Today was the Third Annual Knitting in the Pasture With Sheep event, and the weather for it was glorious.  It's just a bunch of people in a pasture with a flock of sheep for a couple of hours, the humans talking and knitting (or crocheting) and the sheep running through periodically.  Last year they were calmer and checked out what we were working on, but last year was cold and rainy and we reached only 47 persons, which was three times what we'd had the first year.

The official picture in 2020, just before it poured rain and the humans left.

This year, the final count was 230 humans.  That's around six persons to each sheep, so no wonder they were a bit freaked out and preferred to hide in the corners of the field.

My friend took this photo - you can just barely see me near the solar panels.
Look for somebody in black with this shirt.  There were so many of us that other than
the official group photo, many of us took video to document all the humans.

I took a hat on a circular needle in a very appropriate project bag (they call it a 'yarn pouch'):

The pattern is Barleylight by Tin Can Knits.  I'd started it, realized that it was coming out too big, so instead of my morning walk I quickly frogged and cast on, and by the end of the event the ribbing was done.  Yarn is some random handdyed from my stash that was wound and has no tag.

I had fun.


Mid-Month Resolutions Update

I managed to get a hand-sprain at the beginning of the month, so fiber work was curtained, and thus no progress to speak of on UFOs or my KnitTalk Q3 Make-Along project.  As you can see, I am doing better, and I've been focusing on items for the group that collects for orphans in Kazakhstan.  I want to get the box filled and shipped and be done - then I see somebody needs mittens, or whatever, and I happen to have yarn that I want to use up, and so........

I have been reading, though.  The current book is My Dear Hamilton which is thick in the number of pages but flimsy in physical construction.  It's not an intellectually heavy read, but interesting in the character studies it presents.  I'm about a third of the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment