16 October 2021

Unseasonably October

The weather has been warm and mostly sunny, so I've enjoyed going out for walks and doing things outside when possible.  We've had some cold and rainy days, of course, and I think more are coming tomorrow or Monday, but most of this week has been very nice and I've gotten a walk outside nearly every day.  One day I was working too much, and with the days getting shorter I wasn't able to get a walk on either end.  The farmstand is winding down the season, though; at the end of the month they close for two-and-a-half weeks, opening for the holidays, then close until spring.

Today was the New York Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, and I know many people who went, but I didn't.  I'm still mostly avoiding crowds, plus nobody invited me to join a group.  In the past some knitters from this area went, but I haven't been in town for several years on the correct weekend, then last year the event cancelled.  It was fun to go with a group, maybe another year I'll do it again.

Mid-Month Resolutions Report

No progress on the second sock or the Omega Shawl.  I've decided I don't like the lace design in the pattern so I will do something else.  I've been finishing a number of charity items, so it's not as if my needles and hooks have been idle.  I keep starting things, I need to finish a few that aren't for charity!  My grandmother was raving about the shawls I've made for her, so it gave me incentive to start another.  I've had a cake of Caron's Latte Cakes waiting for the right time, and found a crocheted shawl that uses just one cake, so have it started:

Yes it doesn't look like much so far.  During the week it's easier to do the mindless items; this requires a bit of focus, and not just because of the yarn.  I'll work more on it tomorrow, and hopefully get the rhythm.  The bobbles are the kind of silly touch my grandmother seems to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment