16 January 2022

It happened again.

A gunman in a synagogue.  This time, everybody got out safely, except the hostage-taker.  I kept checking news feeds through the day and evening, and many of us were communicating on social media.  Some reports said it was a coincidence he went to a synagogue - no, it wasn't.

We are very, very tired of being targeted.





Originally, this post was going to be about the knitting I've done this week. I finished a hat to go with the seawater-dyed mittens:


Sadly, they are too big for me.  I also made a pair of mittens from UpNorth Yarns superwash wool in the "Campfire" colourway, deliberately too big to use up as much of the yarn as possible:


Tomorrow is the annual Day of Service in honor of the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  I am going to a scarf-and-blankets-making session.  There is also a cardmaking option; I wrote some notes on pretty stationery or cards and will drop them off at that table.  I may or may not stay for the working session; I took a number of blankets I've collected for the dialysis center in Dallas, and will donate them here.  No telling when I'll get to deliver them to the friend who transports them, and no telling when they would be accepted if I did get down there.

I figured I could donate some scarves I've made also, and a hat I finished for National Hat Day yesterday:

The scarf on the right has a matching hat.  They are of mystery
$1 yarn from A.C Moore.  Top left is Caron Big Cakes and
bottom left is Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball, used double.

Leftovers of Patons Classic Wool (purple, it looks
blue in the photo), Koigu, and something else.



No comments:

Post a Comment