20 February 2023

It's a sign.

Sorting through some things, I found this, and it is SOOOOOOO appropriate to my life right now:



Not much time, so I'll limit this to a report that while sorting through some other things I found a UFO of a mitten and scarf.  No notes, but clearly enough yarn to make another mitten, and then finish the scarf with the remainder.  So while in a lot of meetings this week, I whipped up the second mitten, by guesswork and studying the first one:
Minor differences include one having one more row of ribbing and one fewer before the thumb, but it worked out.  I was partway into the palm when I checked and it was clearly too wide, so I frogged and restarted with a size smaller of needles.  That's close enough; tension and gauge can change over time, and I wasn't trying a third time!

Yarn is oddballs of Lion Brand Sock-Ease in discontinued colours of Circus Peanut, Toffee, and Red Hots.  Two strands each of the multis for the mittens; one strand of each for the scarf.  Even with the reknitting the second mitten took only three days, in bits of time, and I'm back to the scarf until the yarn runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment