03 June 2023

"Friends, Romans, Countrymen....."

 I forgot to mention last week that I played a couple small roles (a Roman/countryman, and a slave) in the Plague Mask Players' online performance of "Julius Caesar".  If you haven't read the play, the titular character is murdered fairly early on (although reappearing later as a ghost) and most of the play focuses on others.


I would have been one of the murderers in a staged production, but in this one they limited the onscreen group to those who actually had lines.  My slave role does murder somebody later, but at his request - suicide by slave, if you will.  There were problems with the recording so some bits are missing, but you can see some great performances by other actors.

I also finished the ninth (if you believe GoodReads) or eleventh (my records, since GR doesn't have listings for two of them) book I've read this year.  It is Pauline Kael's Going Steady, reviews of movies from 1968-69, and it was interesting to me to see her review of ones I've seen.  It also interested me to read about so many movies of which I've never heard, and if I believe her view of them, it's not a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment