30 July 2023

A pizza from my brother.

Well, sort of - he dropped off some veggies on his way to check on DNiece#1's cat (she and her mother are off on a gap-week trip) and I quickly knew what I wanted to make:
Very simple:  bits of mozzarella, slices of tomatoes, and scattered
bits of basil added both before and after baking.

The original quantity; I did not use all the tomatoes and basil.
The cucumber was lovely.  Still figuring out how I'll cook the squash.

Luckily I had some fresh mozzarella in the refrigerator and a bit of pizza dough in the freezer that I kept meaning to use, but had not yet.  It was the right amount to bake in my cast iron skillet.

Of course I made the weekly soufflĂ© for my parents, this time with a side dish of squash, tomato, onion, and basil.  Veggies from the local farmer's market; basil from a pot my mother has on the front porch:

Work was very busy, and I had three side assignments with deadlines:  An article about contracts, AI, and the metaverse; a cybersecurity test question writing exercise (which goes for a few months, with weekly quotas); and creating reference collateral for a professional association's library.  I also have to finish writing a short article about a Supreme Court decision about trademarks - it's at the top of tomorrow's to-finish list, as I'm partly done.

Yesterday my mother and I went to see the Ruth E. Carter:  Afrofuturism in Costume Design exhibit.  Fascinating to see not just the costumes and her mood boards and fabric samples, but also learn the process behind the designs.  Very scholarly and thoughtful, and so many elements considered!

I've been working on the test sock, and proceeding with the commissioned blanket (just a big piece of what looks like checkerboard filet crochet) while my finger healed from the tiny, sharp needles needed for the sock.  Heel turned and transition to leg pattern achieved, so it's round-and-round for a while until I do the top finishing.

Then I have to make another sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment