01 October 2023

Yep, I did.

First time voting in the new place I live.  I had to confirm that I am over 18 years old and have lived here for more than thirty days, and that I can understand the ballot.  It's the first time I have lived in a place with early voting, so there wasn't a line and it was very quick.  Also, only two questions on the ballot.


This weekend is the Mid-Autumn Festival, and when I was in Dallas I picked up a box of mooncakes.  So I have been happily eating them for breakfast this weekend.
Buying six scored a box for gifting or displaying the mooncakes.  I gave one to the friend with whom I stayed that week, ate one because I couldn't resist, so used the two open spaces to transport two of the Dragon Boat Decorations I made.

I also knitted two hats this week:

The one on the left is made of sock yarn leftovers, plus a ball of Kroy Sock that I purchased with a coupon, so inexpensively.  The other is Wool-Ease Thick & Quick.  Both patterns mostly made-up, although I based the righthand one on a pattern that came with the yarn.

Work was busy, especially the last couple of days, as it was not just monthend but end-of-quarter, and for some reason it seemed people forgot until Thursday that the last business day was Friday.  So all of a sudden, everything was escalating and documents were flying around for signatures.

So naturally on Thursday I had to attend a donor thank-you and fundraiser for the North Carolina Opera.  Luckily they had food and drink which served as dinner, and I could handle a couple easy things on my phone, then got back to work as soon as I returned home.

And the House of Representatives decided that they needed to stop their playground squabbles and agree on a budget measure to keep the government running for the next 45 days.  Rather a near thing.  Let's hope they decide to be more collaborative and get a final budget put together before time runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment