19 May 2024

The other Mother's Day.

We had the week-late Mother's Day today, with Thai food and a surprise arrival by the younger granddaughter, driving from her new home in DC (closed on the condo midweek) back to Charlotte to finish packing up and bidding her roommates and their dogs good-bye.

It was a fun afternoon with cupcakes and ice-cream to end the meal, and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, and no sugar almond cookies, and stories of the girls as younglings, and my brother and I as wee ones, and fresh eggs from my brother and sister-in-law's chickens.

Different chickens lay different colours and shapes.
The blue one is more intense in reality.


Work was busy, and I restarted the test sweater, and I managed to register for DFW Fiber Fest 2024.  For a few timeslots I had to make a decision about the class to take - which isn't easy!  I checked shows and there aren't ones at most of the theatres I usually visit, so I may have quiet evenings, or I may visit friends.  Geopolitically it's been a tough week.  And I learned that our beloved, retired cantor died in March, and I'm upset at missing the original notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment