02 April 2020

The Fiber Fest that Wasn't - Day 1

Today I decided to wear my old shirt from when I was on the Board, back in the founding days when the logo looked much different, since it's also #tbt (ThrowBack Thursday) today.


The leggings are from Maker's Mercantile, and I don't usually wear my skirt hiked up, but I wanted to show as much of the pattern as possible in this photo.

Today I should have been in the class "Twists on Twists: Reversible, Color, and Multicolor Cables".  I've done that kind of thing before, and like it, and am always up for learning new tricks.

For my knitting, I couldn't decide among the new things, and I wanted something not too fiddly since it's a work day.  I remembered picking up the yarn for this two years ago, and since I couldn't find the pattern I bought it again in digital format, especially as it's a fundraiser.

This is supposed to be a cowl, but I have two yarn sets, and I think it's enough to turn this into a vest for me.  One row is plain knit, the other has the pattern which spells out in binary code "We Knit In Texas Y'all" and  it just seems to be what I need to knit right now, even though I'm not in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment