05 April 2020

The Fiber Fest that Wasn't - Day 4

Today I wasn't supposed to be at DFW Fiber Fest - I was going to jet out early (8:00am flight) for Raleigh to attend the North Carolina Opera's production of "Die Zauberflöte" or "The Magic Flute".  Of course, like so many things, that has been cancelled/postponed.

Because of this, I decided to wear my shirt from the Carolina Fiber Fest, which I attended last year, and of course this year's was cancelled.  Maybe next year I'll be there.
  
Instead, I watched movies, chatted with friends online, had a long talk with my grandmother (her cordless phone is as much technology as she can handle), took a long nap (because, why not?), read a bunch of things, watched some movies, and knit:
Not enough - if I focused I would be further along, at least into the second hank.  But it's not a race and that's as far as I've gotten.  I did spend some time playing with the yarn I brought in last weekend (the stuff I picked up yesterday is still on timeout in the garage) and looking at patterns and I think once I finish some obligatory items I will be having fun working on things out of my DFW Fiber Fest goodies.

Knittingwise, the next one OTN may be "RoadWarrior" by Carissa Browning, one of this year's teachers.  Buying patterns is a way to support them.
The Fiber Optic yarn has been aging, because I didn't get the pattern they were showing with it a few years ago, and I almost chose another pattern, but I think "RoadWarrior" will look very nice and is appropriate given how much I am usually traveling.  The BaaBoo colourway is "Black Gold" and it has a bit of greenish in it, so may get swapped - but I confess to not having many solids from independent dyers in my stash, so this may be the end result.

I have other yarns "kitted" for hats, socks, and other things, so once I am done with the obligatory items I may be working on a lot of things for me.  And of course some of the charity scarves and blanket bits that usually keep my hands busy when I am running errands and so forth, and now can keep my hands busy during online meetings.  It helps me to focus.

Before I go, a beautiful tribute, and a beautiful version of a song that means quite a lot to many right now.  Stay safe, y'all.  Stay home if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment