18 July 2023

Just a quick one.

I had a quick weekend in the Dallas area, going to a couple plays, seeing friends, and enjoying some almost-normal time again.  The two plays were:


Both are farces, and both productions were really good.  I know two of the actresses in "Boeing Boeing" but had not seen them onstage, just in virtual productions, so when I heard they are in the cast I decided to try and see the show.  I checked against other productions I wanted to see and opening weekend overlapped the closing weekend of "A Flea in Her Ear", which has two people I know in the cast.  So that pretty much determined when I'd be there.

A couple other shows were "maybe" but without friends in the cast, and no group outing to see them planned by locals, I decided to leave Saturday open to visit friends.  I had a good, and long, lunch with a couple I hadn't see since well before the pandemic.  Wife showed up with a couple bags of yarn she was divesting from her stash, which my hostess and I divided after returning to her home.

Then we went up to Fiberlady to visit.


By the time we got there only FiberGuy (his shirt reads FiberladyMan) and Fiberlady were there, so I got to have a relaxed visit with them.  And bought a bit of yarn.  I wore the top I'd made from their Swirl, and I want to make more of them.  So at least one shirt's worth of yarn came home with me.

I ate some treats:

Breakfast from Sweet Hut.


Lunch at El Noa Noa, enchilada and tamales in chili sauce,
very Tex-Mex.  Yes, I polished off the salsa.

The outgoing flight was storm-delayed, so I almost missed curtain for the first show, but they held it!  My return flight was very late on Sunday, so I had a sleepy Monday, but it was a very, very good weekend of friends, food, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment