23 July 2023

Scarves and blankets and bears, oh my!

I am working on a couple things that I cannot post about, one because it is test knitting (several of us are struggling with part of the pattern, but persevere) and one because it's a cybersecurity thing and I have to get clearance.  It's fun - but secret!

I can show the scarves and a blanket I left in Texas to go to Warm Up, America:
Yes, you've seen the scarves before.
Except the one on the bottom, that I made last weekend.
Sorry about the colour, I didn't realize it was so yellow.


The purples-and-pinks blanket is progressing, and looking a little less like a wad of knitting:


I won a prize from the Center for Knit and Crochet because I tested a pattern they created from a toy in their collection.  I told them I'd do either knit or crochet, whichever they needed, and they sent both!  So I did both:
Then I felt guilty because when they announced I'd won yarn from their random drawing of test volunteers I hadn't finished putting the bears together and sending my notes.  (I did send some via email.)  So I did that quickly, before my prize arrived:

I'd planned to make the bears fraternal, but I did the crocheted one first and it turned out the sample knitted one is in red, and I didn't want to appear that I was copying.  So there will be another pair in red with blue faces - once I get a few other items finished!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm picturing them singing as bearitones.

Post a Comment