01 April 2024

No fooling it's been a year.

Yes, one year ago I did another big move.  I'm still not settled, in many ways.  I miss people and activities in Connecticut, and still miss ones in North Texas.  At least it is easier to get to the latter.  I suffer FOMO a bit when I hear of events in Connecticut that I've enjoyed in the past, and I never got to recite the poem I was memorizing for Other People's Poems:

I've started to get involved in groups in my new home, but of course it's not the same.  Some of that is being the new kid in the area; some is because I've moved into a neighborhood with a lot of retirees; and some is because I am still not comfortable in crowds.  I have joined a fiber group, and attended a fiber festival, and have gone to a few concerts and a couple theater events.  I joined an astronomy group and have attended lectures at a local Jewish heritage organization.

It's been quite a year in other ways, too, but those mostly don't have to do with the new house and new community and new car.  The house still needs some work to be truly mine; painting is next, and installing bookshelves now that I have a better idea of where and how much.*

I frequently think of this quote:

 We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, 

so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

---< E. M. Forster, English novelist (1 Jan 1879 - 7 Jun 1970) 


*As any bibliophile will tell you, the answer is "not enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment