02 August 2020

Not Quite Done - Redesigned

I've been knitting.  And working.  And walking, when the weather is good in the mornings.  And doing other things like reading books and some secret non-knitting projects.

There are many containers of blueberries and peaches in the freezer, not as many of plums (a pain to prep) and blackberries (not available), and I've eaten a more-than-respectable share.  I made my first tomato tart of the season earlier this week:

Not spectacularly photogenic, but more than adequately delicious.

Do you remember how I redesigned the shawl shortly after I began?  I was close to finishing, then decided I didn't like the harsh change in yarn, and ripped out several bands.  So it's not quite done:
Day 6 - Not much knitting time.
Day 7 - Well into Colour 3.
 
Day 8 - More of the same.

Day 9 - Getting ready for Colour 4!




I realized that I didn't have enough of Colour 4 to do a proper finishing, since I had just one miniskein.  However, I'd purchased some very similar yarn at another shop, and despite that being in a completely other country it appears to match closely enough to be able to join the shawl:

 

Therefore, onward with confidence!  However, I soon decided I didn't like the abrupt changes to Colour 3 and then Colour 4, so I frogged extensively:
Days and days of knitting undone and rewound on Day 11.

Day 12 - progress again.
Day 13 - More frogging.  I didn't have enough
of Colour 2 to complete a band with the garter
stitch separation rows, so back to Colour 3.


Day 14.  Colour 2 finished with addition
of the scraps of tying yarn, now two
bands of Colour 3.
Day 15 - Finally back
to Colour 4.

Since that was the return-home day, I decided to not continue the daily photographs and post the finished item.  As I said, I haven't had as much knitting time as ideal, and of course the rows are much longer so they take more time.  I'm about to wind the hank from Julija's Shop and I think the end may finally be in sight.  Not what I'd planned for that yarn, but I am glad that I have it.

August Mini-Resolution

I feel like finishing things.  First, the Boneyard Shawl.  Then at least one of the other UFOs in my stash.  And one or two of the non-knitting, non-crocheting projects.  Plus at least one load to the thrift store.  I also need to do a yarn diet, and since I just purchased the latest Dolores kit I just have to stay away from the indie dyers for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment