16 November 2021

The first fifteen

Many people I know post Things For Which I Am Thankful in November, because of the USA Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday.  I started doing it, and while some people follow a pattern, at least for the first few days, mine tend to be more random:

Day 1: I am very thankful for my family, and that they keep me.

Day 2: I am thankful that I am able to VOTE!!!

Day 3: Glad that I have gas heat and cooking, when the electricity for my neighborhood suddenly went out this morning. Also that the utility company had things repaired in a couple of hours.

Day 4: Given that our world is mostly virtual these days, I am thankful that I can attend a gala even though work is eating my evening.

Day 5: Thankful that I can ignore the "Black Friday Starts NOW" ads filling my inbox.

Day 6: Glad for a beautiful fall day when I could be outside for a bit. (No photos - I was enjoying, not recording.)

Day 7: Thankful for my online knitting/crocheting/fiberarts community.

Day 8: I am thankful/glad to have a very good and supportive boss.

Day 9: Thankful to have enough of a break for a walk outside - two days in a row!

Day 10: Thankful for the telephone, which allows me to speak to my grandmother and keep up with her even if visiting is still problematic.

Day 11: Thankful to all whom I know, and those I don't, who serve in our country's military. Thank you for your service and your sacrifices. I don't have photos of my relatives who served in their uniforms, but I have a couple letters from WWII.

Day 12: On a stormy morning, thankful to have a solid house with a solid roof.

Day 13: Thankful for technology that allows me to attend the Knitting History Forum Conference 2021: HEADS, HANDS & FEET, then spend an hour in Paris watching an artist work, then sneak in a walk before viewing a film for tomorrow's class on Neo-Noir, which is taught by an Australian living in Scotland.

Day 14: Thankful that my Russian ancestors were able and willing to flee the pogroms in the 19th Century and settle in America.  (Yes, I had ancestors from other places that fled for similar reasons, or other ones, but I attended a program on "Jews of Russia" today.)

Day 15: Thankful that Blue Earth Compost picks up a bucket of kitchen scraps every other Monday and turns them into useful compost for the community.


Mid-Month Resolutions Report

I haven't made progress on finishing UFOs or books.  I'm back to The Agony and The Ecstacy, which is very long and detailed.  So I am reading a lot, but there is a lot left to read.  I did make a shawl for my grandmother for Channukah, and will get a photo before I mail it to her this weekend.  It went quickly, in three days, due to simple pattern, thick yarn, and large hook.  I've also made things for charity, of course - I feel as though I need to fill the box, then once it's mailed I can turn to other things.

Including some more mittens for myself, to wear while I take my walks outside.  It's getting cold, especially in the mornings.  I found my favourite pair but one has a hole that needs darning.  😟

No comments:

Post a Comment