15 February 2022

Just a few things.

I'd planned to post this weekend - tribute to Abraham Lincoln, his birthday was Saturday, so I wore this shirt:

Sunday was the Super Bowl®, as well as "Superb Owl" Sunday, and while I didn't really have a dog in the hunt, as they say, I wanted the Bengals to win.  The Rams managed to pull it off very well in the last of the fourth quarter, so overall it was a good game, and now football is done until autumn.


I finished the mitts (except for running in ends) and size-wise they fit me adequately, so they might be small for the intended recipient.  If so, she can give them to somebody.

These came out definitely fraternal, almost no matching except in the final rows.  If I'd continued to full mittens they might be closer, but I wasn't sure I have enough yarn, and when giving something away fingerless is easier to do than worrying if the length is correct.

This is the next pair:

They are a Leading Men Fiber Arts KAL from a few months back, and I didn't get them done at that time (obviously), but still want to make them for the intended friend.  She does box office at local theatre shows, including an occasional drag show, and the colours are perfect for her.  I wanted to have their "Drama Queen" colourway as the accept (flip-top mitts require a bit more than the skein at left) but they were out, and I thought "Royalty" is an appropriate substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment