02 March 2022

Mardi Bleu and Lenten Promise

When I pulled out my beads to wear yesterday for Mardi Gras, I made sure to have a blue strand prominently in the mix:

Although I am not Christian, it's a family tradition because of our long association with Catholics to make a Lenten pledge.  Sometimes I give up something; sometimes I commit to do something; sometime both.

This year, I am giving up knitting.

   *

           *

                  *

                         *

No, I have not lost my mind, or my mojo.  I've decided that from now until Easter on April 17th, I can crochet, spin, and do other things with yarn - just not knitting.  This will be the longest that I can remember I haven't knit, so it will be interesting.  I do have a few crochet UFOs that I hope will get finished during this time, and I have other projects queued, so I expect to accomplish things.

I'm glad that DFW Fiber Fest moved to September, as I usually take some knitting classes.  And that I am not going to Stitches West, even though I mostly work for Fiberlady.  I'm skipping the North Texas Irish Festival this weekend, I am sad to miss it and feel badly about not going given that they seem to be very short of volunteers, and the other managers in Performer Products are older and less well than I.  However, Dallas County and surrounding counties just moved from COVID-Red to COVID-Orange and I'm not ready to travel and take the risks of being in large crowds.  Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment