02 April 2022

Finished! And flying.

The test sweater is finished as of this afternoon.  I don't want to post the full photo until the designer clears it, so here is a closeup of the button placket:

Overall I think it came out better than I hoped it would, since I had to use whatever is in the stash.  I have bits of the black and purple left, maybe 30-40 metres of each, and just a couple metres of the off-white.

In other knitting news, I've been meaning to post this photo, showing a few goodies I've gotten recently:
Lily Chin posted about the socks, and Trish Day figured out a source.
The bag is from Franklin Habit's shop - he learned this is how
knitters in France call "yarn chicken" and was inspired.


Yes, I am still not buying yarn.  😇


And yes, I am going to be flying again - although not as originally planned!  My April Fool was to get a call from Southwest late last evening advising that my flight today was cancelled and I needed to reschedule.  Apparently all the people on the flight were trying at once so the website was not successful.  I called and a wonderful human got me on a flight pair that will get me to Florida later - but still today!  And a different airport, once that usually is rather more expensive, but in this circumstance I am accommodated.

Tomorrow I see my grandmother, after much, much too long.  💖💕

No comments:

Post a Comment