17 April 2022

The rare, but occasional, overlap.

I finished the shawl begun last weekend, but as a shawlette:

Because that cake was so different in sequence from the other two, I decided to make it on its own (with a border of my own devising), and then use the other two for the full shawl:

It's actually two rows short, but that's not bad for guessing whether the yardage would convert.  The little bit of yellow is all that is left.  The final row is a variation of crab stitch instead of single crochet has the pattern instructions, as I think it looks a bit more finished.

Here are the two together, slightly washed out due to the lighting:


This weekend is the start of Passover and also Easter.  When the two holidays overlap, I often post this image:

This year it is also Ramadan during this time, so Ramadan Kareem to those who celebrate.  There is a thoughtful post about this "rare confluence" when the "three Abrahamic families....celebrate, in concurrence".

ETA:  A friend posted this, which includes all three holidays:

I think the third one needs a different symbol on his hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment