30 May 2022

Memorial Day 2022

I finished the Miss Purl's Party Shawl and switched for the weekend to working on scarves for veterans.  I know it's Memorial Day, but they have fellow soldiers who returned and can use a scarf.

I also did the University of Chicago Alumni & Friends 5K.  Technically it's a fundraiser but I didn't feel like asking others to support me since it's a do-when-you-will sort of thing.  That started during the pandemic and they kept it because it enables more people to participate.

I wore some of my favourite UChicago gear, and took pictures while on my walk:






It's the first time in a very long time that I've not had to work during at least part of a 3-day holiday, especially the Monday.  I am not entirely comfortable about it, but I can adjust and accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment