25 July 2022

Home again.

I spent the last week visiting my parents.  It's good to be able to travel to them, even if the rest of my travel is curtailed.  In the Before Times I would drop in for a long weekend at least once a month; now it's turning into a week a month.  So about the same amount of time, but extended.  I work from their guest room, and in the evenings help with projects.

As a result, I didn't do much other than work.  I still took a daily walk (except on Saturdays, when I have an early yoga class), but went as close to dawn as possible because of heat and humidity.  I still got back almost soaked, and took a much cooler shower than I usually do in consequence.

I finished a scarf for Knit Your Bit of Lion Brand Scarfie in cream/black, just seed stitch until the yarn ran out.  I didn't make much progress on the Falling Leaves Shawl; I have finished the fourth leaf, of ten:


We watched "The Radium Girls", a fictionalized version (based on a book) of a story I'd heard, but I didn't know much about the court case.  The film focuses on it, and it's fascinating and heartbreaking.

I got home in the week hours of Sunday, so at the appropriate time (after some sleep) I walked to a bakery for bread, and a scone.  It's a long walk, but enjoyable.  On the way home, this one and I watched each other for a while:

No comments:

Post a Comment