01 July 2022

Nineteen scarves

I meant to post earlier this week, but I was on a business trip, the first since March 2020.  When I looked at my luggage at baggage claim, I realized - yes, this is definitely mine even without tags:
The two bags in back were mostly filled with gifts (including items for charities friends support) and were folded flat in my fourth (not shown) bag on the trip home.

During the trip, I got new phones as my old ones were dying, and I kept getting warnings that one was so old it would no longer be supported.  I had issues with it during the trip to see my grandmother, and it seems to drop connection fairly regularly now, so it was time.

Both replacements are bigger than the ones I had, which I find quite annoying, especially for my flip phone.  I rather liked the easy-to-slip-into-pocket size and shape.  Unfortunately, LG is out of the mobile phones business, and I remember from a previous Nokia that theirs are always rather boxy and squared.

I went a couple days early so I could visit with friends and see a play.  The first time for those since March 2020 also!  I wasn't the only person in the theatre wearing a mask, although I took it off for photo ops:
 

I also inventoried the things I'd left behind in the guest room at my friends' house.  Some of the snacks were inedibly stale.  The soda pop had decayed (stock is replenished).  And I found a drawerful of scarves that I'd made, and which my friend usually takes to a local shelter to donate.  I've been donating through a congregational project recently, and of course Knit Your Bit, but I'd forgotten about these.  So Sunday morning I ran in ends and added washing instructions from the yarn wrappers.  Combined with the ones I'd brought in my luggage, and the two I was finishing as travel projects, it was quite a pile:

When I spread them out to count and photograph, I couldn't get a good photo, even standing on a chair and holding my phone almost to the ceiling:
My friends have very curious cats, so using the floor in another room is not an option.  I tried again, taking a snap of each half:

These are all kinds of yarn, some of the scarves are crocheted and some are knit.

It's my parents' anniversary today.  They look a bit older now, but are still as much in love and cute:

No comments:

Post a Comment