18 May 2023

Three theaters

This week I had a department onsite meeting - we do these about once a quarter - and went a few days early to enjoy visiting with friends in DFW and thereabouts, and of course seeing some theater.

I was doubtful about a tall Eve, but it really worked!

We threw popcorn, got RickRolled at the dance break, and
thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Huzzah for melodramas!

Silly, but entertaining - and the butler did NOT do it!

I also participated in a workshop on Saturday.  Originally it was scheduled for April but when they rescheduled I realized it was this weekend, and I could attend:

We are doing the "Lady Walks" scene from the Scottish Play.
In order, Lady M, Doctor, and I am playing the Gentlewoman.

I wanted to take this because as I am participating in more and more productions (next up:  "Julius Caesar") I want to be more comfortable performing.  And after taking the workshop, I want to participate in a production based upon the text in the First Folio, not a translation!

This meant we didn't have a day for museums or yarn shopping, and I was OK with it.  After the move, I am well aware of how MUCH yarn I have.

We ate at a few favourite locations:  Ali Baba in Richardson, the Red Truck Café in Plano, and I made a couple stops at Sweet Hut for breakfast items and then for lunch:
What they call "Salt & Pepper Chicken", medium heat.
I think of it as karaage with fried Thai basil.  YUM!  😋


I learned about #MeMadeMay just before I left on the trip, and instead of a theater T-shirt I took the top I finished last year.  While it's not practical for me to wear all the things I've made for myself in May, in part because some are completely weather-inappropriate for this time of year, I am going to try to wear more than one or two.  I received a number of compliments about the top on Saturday.

If I remember next year I may try to wear something I've made every day, but given that most of what I make are cold-weather items, that's not terribly practical unless I am some much chillier place next May.  I have time to plan.  Or to make more items!

No comments:

Post a Comment