10 May 2023

I Restarted a Shawl

I finished the Reyna Shawl:


That one took about two weeks to make.  Then I started a different pattern with the remaining two balls, but did not like how the thick-thin of the Berocco Topaz yarn worked with the pattern, plus having a lace pattern on every row instead of every other required more attention than I could guarantee, and it was getting fiddly.  I frogged the shawl and restarted with something simpler:


Yes, it mostly looks like a lump of garter stitch, but there are large holes on the edge.  You can see a bit of them in the lower right.  I took this photo after I used all the frogged yarn so it appears tidier than it was.

I don't have too much more to report.  My mother and I went to Florida to visit my grandmother last weekend, as it was my grandmother's birthday.  It took her a bit to realize we were really and truly there, but once she did it was a lovely visit.  I gave my grandmother the blanket and she was overcome - how soft, all the colours!  She grabbed it up and hugged it, and kept rubbing her face in it while we talked.

I am so glad I didn't mail it to her, but was there to see her joy at receiving the gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment