20 August 2023

Miscalculated.

This has been a week of slow-but-steady on the purples-and-pinks blanket.  As I rounded the corner to the third side, though, I had to start the third - and last - skein of Bernat Super Value Stripes yarn.  This meant that my calculations were seriously off, and I wouldn't have enough to make the whole border in the same yarn:
The long edge at left is about 60", so this is almost a 
finished blanket.  I'll add a border to hide the edge.

So, my options are to frog the border and restart with fewer stitches, or find more of the yarn.  Luckily the yarn is still in production, just no longer available at "the usual suspects" in terms of big chains.  I would have to order it from a specialty vendor, or directly from the manufacturer.  It costs more than the $4.99 original-at-shop price (I bought the skein shown on clearance for $3.00) but still a savings over my time to frog and restart, then add more border to the blanket.

While I am trying very much to stashbust with this, primarily the yarns I had collected in honor of Mari from which to make a blanket, my time is worth more than the cost of another skein.  If I couldn't find the yarn it would be a different matter.

Once I get to the end of this skein and know if I need one or two skeins of the yarn, I will pause until it arrives.  No worries, I have plenty to do!  My father's birthday is this week, and he requested a pizza, so I have to make the dough.  I'm also going to make a batch of banana muffins and drop them off when I do my walk on the morning of his birthday later this week.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! And I'm with you, your time is worth the extra spent on the yarn. It's beautiful!

Post a Comment