17 March 2024

I Read Harder

I finished the local library's challenge (read three books in different categories for a prize) and received my prize: a bookmark.

  

My third book was in the category "Choose a book from a library display."  The first two books I read were ones I have at home, and I wanted to read at least one library book for the challenge.  When I went into the building to select a book they had two displays near the entrance, one a general topic and another for Black History Month.  Since I am from Dallas, I instantly was drawn to this one:

I found it interesting both because I remember some of the time, having lived in the Dallas area then, and also for his personal journey.

Maybe next year I will read more than three books for the challenge; I thought about trying to read th4ree more quickly and get another bookmark, but there isn't time and I have a couple half-finished books I should finish first:  Charlie Wilson's War (still working on it from the course I took in November!) and The Catcher Was a Spy which I started on the trip to Spring Training.  I might take the latter on next week's trip to a cybersecurity conference, since the topic seems appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment