14 July 2024

On the River in Germany

I am taking a cruise, and while not as social as some aboard, I am interacting with others and making acquaintances.  I've been enjoying the tours, buying very few items but capturing many photos.  Here are a few, the first set from my day in Basel before embarkation:

In Basel, even the circulars - and there are MANY! - have
artwork in the centres.  This is a favourite of mine.

More artwork in Basel.  This one works if you have
enough people to manage the sticks.

Interior of the Basel History Museum, in an old church.

The other side of the history museum.  The church was
deconsecrated during the Reformation and repurposed.

Basel Rathaus, or Town Hall, and Marketplatz.

On Wednesday, there were pop-up markets all over.  In front
of the history museum, what Americans call a flea market.

We're seeing a LOT of churches:



More after I get home and sort the photos properly.  The handy thing of the cruise is that we are unpacked once and the boat moves to a new town or two every day.  Good thing I am doing many walks and hikes because they feed us very, very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment