08 September 2024

A week early.

As I told a friend of mine, Friday the 13th arrived a week early because work suddenly "went blooie" around 5:00pm my time - and not, as usually happens, because of something in California.  Usually I have some heads-up about those, but this was something that simmered for a while, and all of a sudden the business spun an escalation.  So I was in line at a food truck, picking up supper for my parents and myself, when both my boss and his boss were emailing and texting.  I got the food, apologized to my parents for eating and running (luckily they understand these things happen), and went home.

Around 9:00pm it was under control enough to shut down for the night.  I've done some minor bits of work since, and scheduled a meeting for everybody on Monday morning.  It's going to be an interesting week - and likely longer.

Despite this I was able to get this week's questions written for an exam-writing workshop in which I am participating, and watched the films for my cinema class, and helped my parents on Saturday with another round of bookcase-clearing.

Not as much progress as I wanted on the DFW Fiber Fest make-along shawl, but I'm on the second tail, which is decrease rows:


There is a lighter stripe partway through because there is less yardage of the blue yarn than the multicoloured, and it might not be enough for the size I chose.  So I worked in a scrap of light gold that I think blends with the multi.


No comments:

Post a Comment