05 October 2024

In between.

Today in the Jewish calendar is Shabbat Shuvah, also known as "the Sabbath of return", also reminding us that we are in the midst of the season of repentance.

It is a time of introspection, and reflection, and asking and giving forgiveness for known and unknown faults and trespasses.  Many people use it as a reset, to begin some new practice or way of living.

I saw an imagine, that I cannot now find, which said

Many pay attention to how they

live between

Rosh Hashonnah and Yom Kippur,

when they should pay attention

to how they live between

Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashonna.


That is something important to think about.  I try to live well and considerately and appropriately all year, but it's not easy and I know I fail.  Instead of wallowing in the failure, I try to learn, and do better.  After all, we cannot change the past, but we have the power to change the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment