For portability, I made the blanket in strips and sewed it together, as shown in a previous post. This is the finished blanket:
![]() |
| Blanket laid across the king-sized bed in my hotel toom. |
I also made a little C2C baby blanket for a friend who became a first-time grandmother this summer. She is artistic and loved sparkle and COLOR and I decided to make a blanket with a heart in it. Have I ever made a patterned C2C blanket? No. Did that stop me? Obviously, also "no".
I wanted to send something to the parents for the baby to use when not at the grandmother's house, and since the mother is also artistic (a gifted singer and songwriter like her mother) and was doing the baby room in green and tan, I knew I had the perfect blanket in stock:
According to my friend, the mother raved about how pretty and soft it is. Glad they appreciate it. They also liked receiving the yarn label with washing instructions, something I think is very important.
* Usually Warm Up, America! is there but after a difficulty they did not participate this year. Instead I gave the items I made for them to T.H.R.I.V.E., which welcomed the blanket for a stand-down in Alaska. I've made scarves for them the last two years of "Americana" yarn, which is appreciated, and it turns out they help veterans' families also so don't need the limited colour options most veterans collections prefer.
All items received praise from the person collecting, who turned out to be the CEO of the organization! Very happy they will be going to people who can use them. The soap sacks are given to homeless and semi-housed veterans, and I was told that they receive donated soap but I like to be sure there's a bar to include.








No comments:
Post a Comment