30 January 2022

Not much for us.

The big blizzard that hit New England yesterday dropped only four inches where I am:

I measured in several places, and the official National Weather Service results had my town in the 4-6" category.  I saw friends report much more in other towns in the county, so I guess we were unlucky, or lucky, depending upon your view.

Today was clear with a brilliant blue sky and the highest temperature I saw was 18°F.

The pullover is within a few inches of completion: the body is done, and one sleeve, and I'm two decrease rounds from the ribbing on the second sleeve.  So it should be done tomorrow, within the month.  Not bad, especially given that I sidetracked to other projects periodically.

Including darning a mitten, which had a hole at the base of the thumb, the tip of the fingers, and in the ribbing.  The hardest to do was the thumb, because it included an increase, and I forgot to photograph it.  I also didn't get a "before" picture of the ribbing, just after:

Darning on the ribbing - three locations needed it.

The bigger hole in the tip, before mending.
The mended hole in the tip.

I got the yarn in a kit from Morehouse Farm many years ago at New York Sheep & Wool, when their mittens kits included single-ply wool, and knit them for me.  There was a hood but it came out smallish and I donated it, but the mittens just fit.  I think a moth munched one; the other was tucked far into the coat pocket.  I don't have any of the yarn left but these are workaday mittens and I had a bit left from something else that I decided would do, and I did.

Resolutions Update
If I finish the remainder of the second sleeve tomorrow, and run in the ends, I will consider the pullover finished although technically it would need to be washed and blocked for many to consider it truly DONE.  But I think it will be wearable without blocking, although the yoke looks a bit wonky.  That's one more item completed from my resolutions list.  I'm making progress in the second book of the year, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment