02 January 2022

Resolution Update (Already!)

Yes, it's just Day 2 of the year, but I have an update on the resolutions.  These two are COMPLETED:

The book is one of the two I mentioned as being in-progress, and there were about 140 or so pages to finish.  I woke early this morning and decided that snuggling in my blankets and reading was the perfect thing to do on the Sunday before I return to work.  So I did just that, and finished the book.

The story is a bit confusing, especially if you pick it up midway through after several months' hiatus, but I found my bearings quickly enough.  Overall I enjoyed the book, but I'm somebody who has a love of history who moved into law after a "History of Law" class in my second year at university.

The mittens are one of last year's UFOs, and I completed the weaving-in of ends during tonight's KnitTalk virtual get-together.  This is a better picture of the colours:
Buffalo Wool doesn't do this sort of sampler anymore.  The yarn is a bit scratchy and the mittens are too big for me, so I will sell or donate them.  Yes, the righthand one does need a bit of blocking to sort out the panel of colourwork.

We talked about our resolutions in the KnitTalk get-together, and I gave the ones about finishing my two carry-over UFOs and the pullover.  I'd shown the mittens during show-and-tell 

This leaves the Magical Miniskeins socks and seven more books to finish.  Plus, yes, the other items listed, but I wanted to keep it to these two categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment