06 March 2023

Fiche blain

This weekend was the 41st North Texas Irish Festival, and I went to spend the weekend doing my usual work at the Performer Products area (I am one of the managers) and enjoy a lot of Celtic music.

They restarted giving out thank-you pins, and after a bit of maths (my first was in 1998, a few months after I moved to the area, but I missed a few, such as the pandemic year of 2021 and a year I memorably had a horrible strep throat) we figure that I qualified for this:

I took only a few photos over the weekend, it was mostly videos of bands.  Lots of bands.  A benefit of the Performer Products area is that we are next to a stage, so don't have to go anywhere to hear live music unless we want to hear a band that isn't performing there.  After a terrible Thursday (luckily, I was not flying in that day), the weather all weekend was glorious:

A fun bit of NTIF tradition is that the 501st comes out, with a few members in kilts:
A little girl was thrilled to find out that women can be stormtroopers also, but I didn't get a photo.  The 501st love getting pictures with dogs, and one of their non-armored associates fangirled over the Irish Wolfhounds that wandered over.  Those dogs are about the size of the smallest stormtroopers.

I did get some knitting done, but nothing worth reporting.  Of course I brought more projects than I could finish, or even start.

Two special events today:  First, it is the Jewish holiday of Purim, commemorating the story of Queen Esther's bravery.  My congregation often tells it in a silly and musical way, which of course I missed because of being here.


Second, as any Texan knows, this is the day in 1836 that the Alamo fell to Santa Ana's troops.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment